Ford F-1900 Diesel 3 cyl (What year & What engine is it?)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford F-1900 Diesel 3 cyl (What year & What engine is it?)

Tom Blair I just bought a Ford F-1900 Diesel (4 wheel Drive)with a 3 cylinder diesel engine in it. The old owner said it was a 1978 or 79 or 1980.. he didn't know which. He said the engine is an Isuzu. I can't find a owners manual, by parts or service this tractor until I know for sure what year it is. I'd like to know a little about the engine too, so I can get a owners manual. HELP...The serial number on the tractor is U-900XXX. The engine number is LEM853-5XXX.
Can ANYONE HELP ME?

Thanks much

Tom

RickB Take the model, serial, and unit number to a New Holland dealer and order the manuals you want. The tractor was built by Shibaura also known as ISM. They have built all the Ford and New Holland compact tractors from the late '70's to the current models.
Tractor Guy We are going though the same search you are. Here is the phone number we found to call 760-240-1062 this is a company in CA called Homestead Tractors. They have a list of manuals you can buy on their web site but you have a call to place an order on one. As for the year I don't know what to tell you but the people at the tractor store might be able to help. Good luck with your new tractor.
ROYDEN HARRIS Hi all i have the operators manual and a work shop manual . The first sevice was done in 1989 the engine no.,LEM853 ,unfortionatly my 1900 needs new bearings and gasket set no stock in SA
Emil Radaich Can anyone tell me if a Ford 1900 3 cyl diesel (27 hp 540 PTO) has enough power to run a brushcutter. Seriously considering buying a 1900.
Thank you

Roy the 1900 was made from 79-83
look http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/2/5/254-ford-1900-engine.html

Roy look at the brushcutter it will tell you the hp it needs i have a ford 5' works good
RonA I also have a 1979 F-1900 Ford tractor. I would like to buy another for parts, the engine does not have to be running. My engine runs great. However the shaft in the case for the rear lift is broken, also the steering box is bad, and the steering wheel is missing. Sounds like I have a good running tractor engine and need a tractor.
Jay B. I have a shibaura sd 1843 and I need to rebuild the engine, what pistons, rods, rings, and bearings fit from the ford tractors?
michael elliott I have a 1982 ford F-1900 3 cyl diesel with front loader. not beat up and has good tires. The engine needs work, probably a crankshaft kit. I want $2500.00 for it. I'm located in Pell City, Alabama and will deliver if fairly close.
sahli crankshaft
sixbales Serial number U-900XXX indicates 1979. The tractor is made by Shibura (SP??).
L Boyce Sebetela I need a reconditioned Ford 1900 4by4. I'm in Gabprone, Botswana. Someone help with the engine or leads to get one.
ajetstar You can get your parts here: http://www.lciproduct.com/part.aspx?catid=9&modelid=421&name=SD1843D
fred mitchell to michael elliot interested in your tractor get back with me if you still have it thanks
Shawn Leszczynski 1979 F1900
wont move in reverse, no grinding I was plowing snow and put into reverse and nothing was there. All forward gears work great. I found a bolt on the left side of trany unscrewed and leaking fluid. My question is what could be wrong with Reverse?

Keith Anderson Just joining the conversation. I have a Ford 1900 with a bad motor. I'm looking for a complete used motor or if anyone knows of a conversion kit to a more standard gas engine or a salvage yard that has parts.
612-802-5826

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: