Hydraulic lift problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulic lift problems

RD Beck The 3 pt. lift on my Ford 861 is slow and jerky. I had the hydraulic pump rebuilt but no improvements. There is air in the hydraulic system. In cold weather, there is no lift at times. Found air in the hydaulic system and have now installed a petcock on the pump to bleed air out. Will lift after bleeding off air, but still not to specs. Anybody have ideas?

Local mechanic suggests it still the pump. Can't afford to replace it. Someone else suggested I needed a hydraulic lift repair kit. What does than consist of? Do I have to tear the tractor apart? Help!

Boley Hi RD,I have a similar problem with my '64 2000.I've changed fluid and vented-more ways than one!Some days the lift works about normal but today it would'nt do diddly.I have a lift cover repair kit but haven't had time or nerve to tear into it yet.Will follow this to see what the experts say.Good Luck!
Eamonn I know this sounds too simple but when my lift arms are slow and jerkey I add oil ( alot ) and it always solves the problem also change the filter.
Mac Don't know your tractor or the setup,but by what I gather the pump is external so must have a pipe from the reservoir to feed it with oil,if you have air in the system it means air is been sucked in,check the feed pipe to the pump for loose connections,or damage,it also may have a strainer inside the reservoir and will have for sure if the reservoir is the transmission case to protect the pump from filings from the gearbox etc,also check the reservoir for a breather that may be blocked and causing a vacuum so the pump can't get oil.
Mac

B J MC GUIRE WAS RUNNING BUSH HOG, LIFT GOT LOW ON OIL, ADDED APPROX 2 QTS, NOW WILL NOT HOLD LIFT UP; KEEPS FALLING DOWN, LIFT IS SPORADIC, CHECKED ALL LINES NO LOOSE-NESS I CAN DETECT,SO WHAT NOW?
B J MC GUIRE WAS RUNNING BUSH HOG , LIFT QUIT WORKING, ADDED APPROX 2 QTS HYDROLIC OIL, STILL LIFT WORKS SPARODIC AND WILL NOT STAY UP, CHECKED FOR LOOSE-LINES OR LEAK, NONE DETECTED, SO NOW WHAT ?

B J MC GUIRE

WALT@FARMERSTRACTORCA.
YOUR TRACTOR HAS THREE DIFFERENT OIL LEVEL POINTS. TRANS. & REAREND HAVE PIPE PLUGS FOR OIL LEVEL CHECKS AND TAKE 90W GEAR OIL. HYD. OIL LEVEL IS CHECKED WITH THE DIPSTICK ON RIGHT SIDE COVER THE HYD. SYSTEM TAKES HYD. OIL. IF YOU HAVE GEAR OIL IN IT. IT WILL WORK SLOW OR NOT AT ALL WHEN IT'S COLD. BEST THING TO DO IS BUY A MANUEL FOR YOUR TRACTOR. THERE CAN BE ANY NUMBER OF OTHER THINGS WRONG THE BOOK WILL HELP. GOOD LUCK WALT

john lift raises to different height though lift handle is in fully raised position
terry my lift want raise

Lou Byiek also having problems with my 4000 series. i dont have a dip stick except for engine oil.. does the hydraulic system trans/rear end all use the same oil then? or does the hydraulic use seperate.. if all the same what wait oil? 90? light oil? does anyone know for sure.
thanks.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: