Hydraulics Ford 6000 Tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulics Ford 6000 Tractor

Greg Peck On the Ford 6000 there are two hydraulic reseviors. I think the oil leaked out from a faulty hydraulic hook up connector. My brakes went out and I lost power steering. I assume the rear resevior that you fill from under the seat is for lift and brakes. The front resevior is for everything else. I put in a standard hydraulic oil that did nothing. I have now drained it because I heard it requires a special type of hydraulic oil. Is this the case?
Is it necessary to run something in the tanks to clean out the other hydraulic oil?
It appears the fill hole for the middle resevoir is on the side and you need a 90 degree funnel connection. Can anyone help on this?

Thanks Greg Peck

Jimmy Williford Hi Greg,
I was your reading your letter on the 6000 hydraulics system. To my knowledge, there are three places to put hydraulic oil in. There is the tank in front of the radiator that is for the lift and powersteering and for the brakes. The one in the center of the tractor that takes a flexible funnel is for the transmission. The one that is on the platform under the steering wheel is for the rear end only.
Thanks
Jimmy

Reese W. Greg,
The front hydraulic is what runs everything and if you lost fluid until all functions were lost then fill it up with fluid {I use what I can get from Tractor Supply Co. or and Ford Dealer nothing special} crank her up and bleed off the air. You should re-gain all functions just as they were if there are any questions contact me. Keep them running.
Reese

Bob Pampe A major cause of loss of oil is the three point hitch piston leakage. With the loss of this oil. the tractor is a useless as there is no brakes and no power steering. The Ford 'fix' is more costly than the machine is worth. See another followup in this page under ford 6000 for our solution,
u-kon79 Dear Greg,I'm having similar problems with my 6000. I thought there was only 1 place to fill hydraulic oil.(in front of the radiator) until Greg, Jimmy ,and Reese said other wise.this info has helped me a great deal. please be more specific on where the middle filler is located. I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a Ford lover on a budget!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: