ford 555b loader/backhoe transmission problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 555b loader/backhoe transmission problem

Larry Bailey i have 1986 ford 555b laod/backhoe with shuttle shift transmission. it has a delay and then a jerk when shifting from forward to reverse and there is some cracking noise. it gets worse the heavier the load on the bucket. can someone shed some light on this for me thanks
hans maas Cheque the transmission oilpressure, there is a sensor somewhere on it, unscrew it and mount a gauge. when not getting to 8 bar your pump is gone. it is mounted in the flywheelhousing, and can be accessed by splitting the backhoe. Next you have to cheque is the forward-backward plates. If they are burned and the spacing shims are not perfectly flat you have to exchange these, complete with o-rings. If your pump is damaged with deep scrathes a good advise is to cheque the torqueconverter. This has to be done by a company who can split the welded converter, and rebuild them with a new ball-bearing. These companys are mostly experts in automatic transmissions. When pooring up new oil drain the first 3 litres direct from the radiator when you start the engine, this will clear the dirt left over in the radiator and piping. Mount new filters.
cheston williams what kind of transmission fluid does it take?
cheston williams what kind of transmission fluid does a ford 555b backhoe take?
dnellis What is ment by 8 bars? Does it have a poundage guide for standard presure?
Larry I have a 1987 ford 555b the transmission work perfect until it gets hot then it want move.
I notice when i changed the transmission fluid
the fluid is not going into the transmission
filter its not circulating the pump is pumping out but it coming out the return line why
please help.

h desimon I have a similar problem with a 550 backhoe. Did any one answer Larry?
rockriver1 I have the same problem with my 1983 Ford 555 backhoe. I have zero Transmission pressure. What should I do next?
dee allison please advice 555b same problem mach. run good mach. gets wormedup wont move no foward no reverse cools down run again thank you dee allison
Jon Damon Ther is a pressure regulator in the trans on these machine that fail quite often mimics pump failure but not allways the answer. Unfortunitly getiing to it on these machine tto disassemble and inspect can be time consuming.
Jason Mitchell please advice 555b same problem mach. run good mach. gets wormedup wont move no foward no reverse cools down run again thank you dee allison
Alex Hamilton My neighbor has had the same problem of the hoe not moving backward or forward when fully warmed up. After months oftrying to figure out the problem he discovered that the transmission pick up screen was clogged. After cleaning the screen the hoe pulled perfectly backwards and fordwards even when cold and when hot. We have a picture of the screen befored it was cleaned. it was totally clogged. Send an email to alexiiangela@gmail if you would like to look at it.
Thanks, Alex

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: