Ford 2110 Power Steering Problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 2110 Power Steering Problems

Walter Peschke I have a Ford 2110 4 wheel drive w/ Front end loader. This particular model has a seperate pump just for the steering. How can you tell when the steering pump is bad. This tractor is hard to steer. Does it have a seperate filter that may be plugged. HELP
Stuart Bernard Sorry, I can't assist with your PS Question. I am looking at a 2110 with front wheel assist and am not very vamiliar with this model. I have about 10 acres and would like to use it for clearing snow, landscaping and mowing weeds. Is the 2110 model a good reliable, low maintenance tractor?

Thanks

Billy Ratliff As far as the pump goes in order to test it you would need to tee a 2000psi gauge in to the pressure line coming off of the pump (which is the one on the bottom of the pump the one that hooks to the center of the reservoir is return) then start the tractor and try to turn the steering wheel at this time you should see the pressure rise on the gauge (im not exactly sure of the pressure setting on these but I think it will be somewhere around 800 to 1150 psi) this will tell you if your pump is putting out any pressure at all. In my experiences with these type of pumps I have seen some of them go bad but usually they will get weak and cause your steering wheel to be hard to turn before they just give totaly up. If I found that there was no pressure after running the test I would then remove the pump and inspect the woodruff key that is located between the pump shaft and gear if it is stripped then the gear will just spin on the shaft. There is a filter located inside the reservoir of the pump that can be changed by removing the return line from the cannister then the bolt that goes through the center of the canister there is an o-ring that seals the canister to the pump body that will make it seem as if it doesnt come off but it can be pryed off with a screwdriver. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: