ford 1710 3ph hydraulic lift problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 1710 3ph hydraulic lift problem

charles quinn 1 replaced the control valve , single stick to a 2 stick 4-way 2 spool valve complete with lift checks. relief valves and float feature. it works just fine. however the rear 3 pt hitch does not work. i have ajusted the control screw on the manifold block on the right side of engine .even when i run a loop from the outlet back to the inlet and turn the control screw nothing helps. could the problem be in the maniford block or somewhere in the rear of the tractor. i sure could use some advise and or shade tree expertise thanks
TomG I assume that the 3ph works normally when the diverter valve is in the remote system position. If the loader works but the system pressure relief valve opens when the loader isn't active the problem likely is that a plug in the new control valve assembly for use in closed centre systems wasn't removed.

If the ressure relief valve isnít opening and the new valve is a power-beyond type (with two ports for return lines on the outlet section) the problem likely is that the PB and T lines are reversed. The PB line runs to the return port on the manifold block. The T line runs to a fitting on the side of the TX/DIFF cases.

The new valve assembly should be a power-beyond type or case should be taken not to open a control valve when the 3ph is in lift mode. If it's not a PB type valve, the return line still runs to the return port on the manifold block. The only way the 3ph will work with the diverter valve in the auxiliary system position is for the PB flow to come back to the manifold block where it is routed back into the 3ph high-pressure line.

If the connections are correct and the 3ph still doesn't work, there could be an obstruction in the manifold block. The condition would be very unlikely, but if it existed, then the pressure relief valve should open.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: