sagging 3 point lift

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

sagging 3 point lift

jerry troxell The 3pt. lift on my 601 lifts alright but then begins to drop. The only way to stop it is to hold the draft control lever up. As soon as I let go it begins dropping down and will bottom out within 10 seconds or so.
I paid the local Ford/New Holland shop $700 two years ago dollars to overhaul the hydraulics.
They began acting up soon after the work. There is oil leaking around the pto shaft.
I ordered a repair kit that appears to be almost
all O-rings. Am i on the right track?

JAson Tell me if I am wroung hardcore ford guys but I thought there was a adjument on those control units. Some type of drat control.
TomG I'd check linkage adjustments before doing anything else. I think that draft control rods are generally adjustable, and tension on the quadrant lever also is adjustable. Quadrant lever tension may be the culprit, but I'd find a procedure for adjusting the rod as well.
Dan I just experienced the same thing with an 8N. There is a safety valve on the hydraulic pump that blew out. You can get one from your local tractor dealer or send for it. If you have a parts manual, you should be able to ID it, if the pump systems are comparable. It cost about $24 for the part. You have to drain all the oil out of the belly to get to it. Just screw out the old one and insert the new one. If its not that, then you may have valve problems or a cracked ram, which are disapating the pressure.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: