Help! Bad Fuel Pump?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Help! Bad Fuel Pump?

Neil I have a LGT14D - large 14hp diesel lawn tractor. Was running fine this past weekend until I added fuel that was sitting in a brand new container over the winter. The tractor died within 5 minutes of adding diesel while going around a turn. Drained the fuel thinking it was bad fuel. Now I get no fuel to the bowl so I disconnected fuel lines and I am not getting any fuel out the electric fuel pump. I checked the fuewl pump to make sure it is getting power - it is. I pulled the fuel line off of the filter in front of the fuel pump and it seems to flowing fuel, although not a whole lot or real fast. I want to replace the pump but no dealer has it in stock and it is $175.00. Is there any other pump I can replace it with that is affordable? Do these tractors require or have a pressure regulator? Any other ideas? If I get it running again, I think I need to replace the mower spindle bearings. Is this a big to do?

Thanks for all of your help and advise.

NEil

jared Hi. This afternoon i went to start my 91 mazda 929 S and i had some trouble. It starts fine and will run if i rev it for about 5 seconds but then shuts off. I tried adding fuel, but that didnt help. There has been no other problems with excelleration or anything else. Could this be my fuel pump.....any suggestions???

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: