SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1200 ford tractor rear axle removel

Kenny I have a 1200 ford compact with leaking rear axle seal. Looking at parts book I should be able to remove plate then seal then snap ring and pull out the shaft. Has anyone worked on this before to tell me if I am right. Thanks for any help
Terry Hello Kenny, welcome to the forum.

The best thing to do is get an I&T shop manual for your 1200. You can get one on ebay for $19-$20. Shibaura parts are expensive.....why risk screwing something up.

Kenny Hi Terry Thanks for the advice. I do have one of those shop manuals It does tell how to remove the whole final housing but it isn't clear on just to replace the axle seal. I have the whole set of these 1100 thru 1900 in 4wd & 2wd I have tried to sell the whole set with no luck. I am thinking of selling them one at a time. Any advice on that? Kenny
Terry Larry,

Sell them individually on ebay. Are they I&T manuals, or other reputable source? About 100 pages, or more extensive? For an I&T manual (typically about 100 pages), you should be able to get $25 for each manual.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: