SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

7700 Ford Clutch Stuck

Danadj This tractor has been idle for about 3 months in the wet spring weather and now the clutch will not disengage. I have run it in high gear and hard braked it but it hasn't broken free. I also adjusted the pedal linkage to put more tension on the pressure plate, still no luck. Is there a possibility of pulling the starter to get at the clutch/ pressure plate assembly?
Terry You need to hit the clutch with a shock load, while holding the clutch pedal down. On a road for good brake traction.

Standing on the brakes doesn't give the shock load like stomping on the brakes hard, with the clutch pedal depressed.

Try to get into high gear on a road if possible and then while holding the clutch down keep hitting the brakes hard. Don't hold the brakes down - just jump on them and release repeatedly until the clutch releases.

Danadj Hit the brakes and something broke loose. The clutch pedal is still solid but with the engine running and the clutch pedal not depressed the trans can be shifted in and out of gear with no grinding and no movement.
Terry Possibly broke the center hub out of the clutch disc.
Danadj Once I'm in there, I'll let you know. Any suggestions?
Danadj The tractor is in half and it was apparent the clutch did not free up from the flywheel so this means something behind the clutch such as the dual power assembly may have failed.? I haven't pulled the dual power assembly yet but this is next on my list. Any input or ideas are appreciated.
Danadj The tractor is in half and it was apparent the clutch did not free up from the flywheel so this means something behind the clutch such as the dual power assembly may have failed.? I haven't pulled the dual power assembly yet but this is next on my list. Any input or ideas are appreciated.
Danadj The tractor is back together as of yesterday. It turns out the clutch broke free and the pedal adjustment was far enough out that the clutch was not making contact with the flywheel. The pressure plate had a total of 8 spacers (2 for each flange approx .220") so to increase pressure I removed 4 of the spacers. The old flywheel, clutch and pressure plate were okay after cleaning the rust and I ended up replacing the throw out bearing. Thanks for the chat.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: