SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

5610 Charging/Tachometer

Mark We have a problem with our 5610s. We have replaced the alternator but tractor is doing this. When you first crank up the tractor the Tachometer does not work, you can rev up the engine and the tachometer will go to like 1000 and it stays there no matter how you run the engine. Now, i have checked with voltmeter and the alternator does not charge until the tachometer starts working. It was doing this before we replaced the alternator. Any advice would be appreciated.
Ed Mark,
I believe that you have two separate problems with your 5610S tractor.

The tachometer is a mechanical cable-driven unit (driven by proofmeter cable). Has no connection with the electrical system. Your tachometer is apparently malfunctioning and will eventually seize-up and break the cable. Normally, guys replace the entire instrument cluster to repair. You can get an aftermarket cluster to replace it for about $100. SSB, the sponsor of this forum, or online tractor parts suppliers, or ebay probably has a replacement unit. The primary thing to check is that the tachometer rotation is the same direction as your's.

There is a "rectifier - signal of voltage" shown with the cluster on the New Holland Online Parts Store. The start date for this item is January 2006. Is your tractor earlier of later than this date? My GUESS is that this rectifier may need to be replaced, but you can probably live with this as long as the system charges satifactorily.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: