SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 800 Paint Color

Glenn I'm looking at a Ford 800 tractor, that looks all original. The paint and sheet metal are in great shape, however, it's blue and white. I've only seen one other 800 painted this color. If this is not the correct color, someone put a lot of time and effort into painting it the wrong color. My question is, did Ford ever paint the 800 blue and white? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Glenn

sixbales The 800 body was normally painted red except for all the sheet metal and wheels which were gray.

But there are some exceptions. I understand that Ford would paint tractors for companies that had a particular color scheme, thus not all were the red and gray. It is also possible a company would paint the tractors to suit themselves.

Ford also introduced a program that encouraged tractor owners to bring their red and gray tractors in and they would paint them blue and gray to match the newer models which were blue and gray. On these tractors the tin was gray and the rest blue.

Go to John Smith's "Old Ford Tractors" site and scroll down to see the color schemes.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: