SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 4000 Tractor

Jason Hi I just got a Ford 4000 tractor with no manual and the front steering arm keeps slipping off the socket, front right side. how do i re-attach and tight the steering arm?
Jason Or should i say the rod end has come off.
Big_T Jason,
Your right front steering ball and socket are worn out, and need to be replaced. A Ford/New Holland parts catalog is available on the internet to guide you to the part you need. The easiest site that I know of to get to it is Messick's Tractor Parts. Click on "Parts Diagrams" and enter your model "4000". Then scroll down about 15 items to your tractor. Click on your tractor and select "front axle & steering"

Jason Thanks for the help on this Big-T. How do I know exactly what Model 4000 this one is?
charlie i have a ford 4000 and the serial number is B 855 157 what year is it where was it built any information that will help would be appreciated. Thanks, charlie
thomas baxter ford 4000 3cyl disel wiring harness burnt over top of fuel tank what would cause this problem

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: