SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 800 tractor

Matt Need to know if #1 cylinder is in the front of block or rear? Where is #1 on the distributor?
sixbales Front cylinder is always No.1

Firing order for your engine should be 1-2-4-3

Point gap .025"

I cannot tell you the distributor position for the #1 cylinder. The simplest way to determine this is to look at another 800 series tractor.

When I've got to determine No.1 TDC (top dead center) in the ignition position, I proceed as follows:

1. Pull the valve cover.
2. Turn the engine over by hand (clockwise looking at it from the front)using a ratchet wrench and a long extension(s) through the crankhole with a socket on the crank/pulley nut.
3. Observe the valves and rocker arms on the front No.1 cylinder. When both valves are closed and rocker arms free you are very close to TDC on No.1. This should give you your No.1 distributor position.

sixbales You can "fine tune" the No.1 cylinder TDC by lining up the timing marks on the flywheel to "0" zero degrees. There is an an access port on the flywheel housing with a dust cover over it. Usually held in place with onbe screw.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: