SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Help me fix my ford backhoe

kevin saunders My 1989 ford 555c backhoe will start and idle fine but no throttle response.Has anyone had similar problem?
thepumpguysc Diesel, CAV pump??
Sounds like a stuck metering valve.
WITH THE ENGINE OFF..
Hold the throttle wide open, push and pull the stop several, 5,6,7 times quickly,and see if that did any good..
IF NOT sounds like your going to have to open her-up.

sixbales Hey pumpguy, I need some of your expertise. I copied this note from another forum regarding a CAV pump:

What is the part that is bolted to the bottom of the main housing for, neighbor removed the jam nut and screw and said a needle shaped pin came out he reinstalled it now the tractor won't start. He thought that was a bleeder screw,he has a good flow of fuel no air bubbles, but can't get any to the injectors , the tractor is a 6600 with cav fuel system

thepumpguysc SB, That would be the "manual" cold start advance mechanism..
When the pin came out the seat, ball and spring were lost..
ITS A VERY important part of the fuel system.
See if you can get the pump #, I'll see if I have one..

sixbales Thanks for your help pumpguy.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: