SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1987 555B backhoe hydraulic issue

Cordel 4 lever backhoe controls. The rt. swing and rt. stabilizer up function(when sitting backward) work very slowly. If you do any other function ( crowd, boom up etc.)when swinging to the right, it moves faster. There is no blockage of the actual lever or linkage itself, it has to be something internal in the hydraulic valve. I have never had one of these apart, but am not afraid to try, with some pointers. This is a great machine, the one that I learned on a long time ago!!
sixbales Cordel,

My guess is that you have hoses deteriorated internally, that are impeding fluid flow internally. I guess I would replace hoses in the bad circuits first. See if that solves the problem.

Some pieces of hose may be blocking the control valves. I haven't worked on control valves in a long time, but they aren't all that complicated. Just be careful taking them apart - make sure you know how it goes back together. Sometimes pictures help you remember. Good luck..

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: