SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3400 power steering fluid leak

hank frankly I have a 1970 ford industrial gas tractor and the power steering has started leaking fluid and running off the steering column inside the cab. I picked up a new seal at the ford tractor dealer and he told me it wasn't going to be an easy job to replace it. Winter is coming and I'm a slow mechanic. Does anyone know of where I can find instructional material? I'm afraid if I just start pulling things apart, I'll make more work for myself than necessary. Thanks for your consideration.

sixbales You'll want a shop manual or a service manual. Ebay normally has a selection.

Try an ebay search "Ford 3400 manual"

I had a power steering leak coming out of the top of the steering column on my 3600 many years ago. I don't recall any great difficulties doing the job.

Your cab will be in the way.

One thing - when you get into the cab, try not to pull yourself up with the steering wheel. This is what damages the steering shaft seal.

hank frankly Thanks for the quick response. Really appreciate it. Will try to find a manual on ebay. Your comment about using the steering wheel to pull myself up into the cab made me laugh. Is there another way !

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: