SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

New Holland 1725

Roger I have a NH 1725, runs good, just started where it lost ground speed, second gear is faster than low. Was bush hogging & slowed down, ground speed only, like in low gear. Any suggestions, to check transmission do I need to get internal.
sixbales Maybe your clutch is slipping??
Roger How would I adjust the clutch?

sixbales The reason I mentioned your clutch is that a manual transmission does not slip. The only item in the drive train that slips is your clutch.

Do you have "free play" when you push in the clutch with your hand? Can you push it in 1-3" freely before you feel some engagement resistance?

Next question - When you let out the clutch, does it engage at the bottom or up high??

scott I adjusted the clutch on our 1725 N/H and stopped the slipage a week later it started slipping agin ?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: