SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 901 PTO shaft

Denny I have a Ford 901 that the PTO kicks out when it gets a load to turn. I've been told the shaft is probably bent. I've tried to remove it but it only comes out about 4 inchs and stops. do I have to split the tractor to remove it. The manual shows it coming right out the rear of the tractor.
sixbales Denny,

On my 3600, there is a seal between the transmission and rear differential section the the PTO shaft has to come through. I assume that your tractor has the same arrangement.

My guess is that the spline on the end of your PTO shaft has a severe twist in it and will not come through the seal. You can try forcing it through, but you will probably damage the seal, or maybe pull it out of place if you get too rough with it.

A split is probably your only solution.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: