SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

power steering ford 3400 tractor

Rod I went to replace the seals in the steering columm and when I removed the control valve all the control valve plungers and springs fell out. Now I have no power steering I must have have put the check valve and control valve plungers in the wrong positions I also found a check ball on the floor does that go between the check valves? any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
sixbales You need to get a repair/service manual for your tractor. Ebay has a number to choose from.

I replaced a steering shaft seal on my tractor 20 years ago. Hasn't leaked since. I don't think that I removed the control valve.

My manual illustrates all the pieces of the entire steering assembly. Some of the pieces are very small - need a magnifying glass

Jerry I have a Ford 3400 tractor,C4013C,middle to late '70s. I have an elbow on the bottom of the power steering reservoir that has damaged threads on the flare end of the elbow where the line from the steering column connects with a flare nut. I cannot get the elbow disconnected from the power steering reservior because it hits the reservoir after about half a turn. There is a female connection in the bottom of the reservior where the pipe thread end of the elbow screws into the reservior but I cannot turn it enough to get it out of the reservior. Could someone tell me if the reservior has to be removed to remove the elbow from the reservior. Thanks for any help.
nancy turns hard to left will not turn to left at all when engine is running

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: