SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Help! 1963 Ford 2000 Dextra

John All,

I need your help please. I own a 1963 Ford 2000 Dextra tractor. The tractor keeps getting air in the fuel line and I have to go through the priming process to make it run. This weekend I had to re-prime the fuel system every 10 minutes to keep the tractor running. Have you seen this problem and do have a suggestion on how to fix?

Thanks,
John

thepumpguysc Lift pump bolted to the side of the injection pump would be the 2nd place I would start[most likely the culprit] but first I would change the fuel filters.
Are you sure the shut-off valve under the tank or the "copper" line from the tank to the filter head isnt rubbed thru? You would see a fuel drip if so.
If you need a lift pump let me know. TPG

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: