SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Adding hyd. to 3600 ford

Shane I want to add hyd. to my tractor that is not equipt with. Do I just need that hyd. plate on top of transfer or is it more too it down inside the tractor? And how much would it cost?

Sean in PA If your tractor already has internal hydraulics for a 3 point hitch, then you can just add a power beyond plate under the cover plate that's already there to get remote hydraulics. The power beyond plate usually comes with the whole kit of o-rings necessary to complete the job. Once the power beyond plate is in place, you must have the power out port of the new plate connected to something, you cannot plug it or the 3 point won't work. If you install the new plate and aren't ready to connect the external hydraulics to anything yet, you can just connect the power out to the return port. The easiest way to do this is to get 2 short hoses with quick disconnects and loop them to each other. That way you can disconnect them from each other and connect to an external implement whenever you need to, and then go beck to being looped when you disconnect your implement.

If you don't already have internal hydraulics for a 3 point hitch, then you're going to have to add a pump, and the easiest way to do that is either a PTO pump that runs off of the PTO (if your tractor has a PTO), or a front mounted pump that runs off of the front of the engine. Then you'll need to add a reservoir and a filter, etc., basically building an entire hydraulic system from scratch.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: