SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 4500 steering problem

Tyler Hi,

Tyler I repaired the worm gear with new bearings and lubed it. The steering gear turns easy by hand but the steering is hard. eventually the bearings all popped out of the worm gear again.... I suspect that there is some kind of power steering problem as it turned easier right than left and sometimes vice versa..... where is the steering pistons/hydraulics located? Could it be that I just need a new wormgear assembly? If so, where can I order one?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Tyler Well I rebuilt the wormgear again and started taking apart the steering up front. Doesanyone have a manula or guidance on how to get it apart? The steering can be done by adjusting the lever arm for the hydraulic cyl;inder. a half turn or so will make it turn right or left so I think that all the hydraulics are fine the steering pivots are all worn and sloppy. I think that the hydraulic cyliunder is just not getting actuated... Any one have any suggestions?

luke there is a screen from hydro tank to steering pump,brass that may need cleaning.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: