SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Log Splitter connection

Neal Benton
I have a Ford 3600 Diesel tractor. I just purchased a used 3 point hitch log splitter. I need to know where to hook up the hydraulic lines to my tractor. I don't see any place in the rear to connect these lines. Can anyone explain to me where and how to hook these up. Thanks, Neal

stu You need to purchase a pump which attaches to your PTO to supply the hydrolics to operate. It's the only way. Someone, if I'm incorrect, please chime in.
stu
Southern, NH

jay Are you sure there are no remotes, or scv,s on the back of your 3600? If not you need a pto pump, a tank and fittings$$$$. Or you can see if your Ford dealer has a remote hydrulic kit for your tractor,,cheaper, but the splitter will run slower??
ray
Re: Log Splitter connection

i bought a used 94 ford 3930 couple of years ago.

under the seat is this control (see pic) with 4 lines leading to rear. i know its a hydraulic control for 3 point attachments. printed on it is "QUICK DROP" to the right "NORMAL OPERATION" in the middle and "SINGLE AUT????"to the left (cant read all of that one) the top control handle sits these positions.

there is also a side control handle sticking out the right side of seat that moves toward the front and rear.

i cant find and info on this control and how it operates in any manual and the man i bought it from mever used it.

i'd like to hook a log splitter to it but dont know which 2 of the 4 lines to use.

thanks for your info

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: