SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 4500 series

jimbo
ford 4500 series

I have a 4500 ford 3cyl diesel,has a generator,was told it was a 1958? on the vehicle i.d. plate under hood tractor#C416705,model#D5011F,Eng 4B02C,on eng. block#D0NN6015L,could anybody please help me identify what I have?where I could get motor manual,having trouble starting,,has A CAV injector pump,won't start?just got it,need help!

JK-Mi That rig should be a 1974. It did not exist until 1965.

Cloud Jimbo hello,

The 4500 was made between 1965-1974.

Your model works out to be a Ford Industrial Tractor, model 4500, with a Diesel engine, with Vertical Exhaust, with a 4x4 Power Reversing Torque Converter Synchro transmission.

Your engine was assembled on Feb. 02, 1974.

Manuals are still available I believe from most Ford-New Holland dealers and others.
Let me know if you cannot get them and we will try to help you obtain them.

Be safe.
Cloud

Cloud Jimbo,

I forgot to add that your serial number confirms it to be a 1974.
Sorry.

Be safe.
Cloud

Fred Gibbs I have a 1968 ford 4500 tractor with backhoe. The tractor is loosing its pushing power and I have put fresh hy/tran oil in it along with changing the transmission filter a couple of times to no avail. The tractor won't move for several seconds when the hydraulic shuttle is shifted into gear for the first time or when it is very cold. The pressure reading of the transmission pump is 120 lbs @1500 rpm but drops down to about when the tractor shuttle is put in forward or reverse. Any Ideas??
Brian Inman You may want to re-post this as its own thread otherwise you may not get any response.
nancy We just got a Ford 4500 backhoe and are trying to find out the year. The serial number is: D 583920.
cary jinbo , will it start with a squirt of starting fluid ? if yes then u r having a problem with the injector pump or injectors r plugged !
fred , there is a posibility that the clutch in the trany r bad ! ( if it slips ) other wise it would be the pump that controls fluid pressure in the tranny ...
nancy - call a ford / new holland dealer .. they can help

cary jinbo , will it start with a squirt of starting fluid ? if yes then u r having a problem with the injector pump or injectors r plugged !
fred , there is a posibility that the clutch in the trany r bad ! ( if it slips ) other wise it would be the pump that controls fluid pressure in the tranny ...
nancy - call a ford / new holland dealer .. they can help

paul have a 4500 ford loader / 3 point need to id rear lift arms go up real slow drop fast mod d5011f ser c303337 engine ogc9a
need repair manual + any info

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: