SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 2000 gas blowing smoke out oil filler,vent and dipstick

jim40scot Ford 2000 gas 3 cyl is pushing a light colored smoke/vapor out the oil filler neck, dipstick port and crank case vent. This happens shortly after start up when the engine warms up, and increases with the load put on the engine. I dont see much oil useage and it is not a heavy blue smoke like it is burning oil. I checked the spark plugs and they had dry white coating. Appreciate any input on this condition. Thanks,Jim40scot.
Luke Steckler it sounds to me like your rings are shot. with shot rings,you get blow by gasses and air from the cylinder during operation, this quickly puts your crankcase under pressure which pushes oil out the nearest openings.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: