SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n wont start

Ed I have a '52 Ford 8N. It's new to me. When it's cold it starts right up (6V system). After running for a time, It won't start and I have to jump it with the truck and then it will start. My 'helpful' neighbor came over and removed the distributor cap, sanded the contacts, sanded the points, wiggled a few things, put it back together and now it won't start at all. Thanks, buddy! I tried a new rotor and a new ignition coil wire. Still no go. Now what?
thanks
ed

long shot First thing I would do is change the points and condenser IF it is getting fuel. Also the coil may be bad But do the points and condenser first.
Corey yeah then put up a fence

Matt make sure you're getting 6 volts to the coil...make sure the little rubber boot that goes through the side of the distributor is in good shape and not grounding out there...that's a much overlooked place...good luck!!!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: