SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

601d ford tractor

BJ Webb I have what I was told a 601d ford diesel Tractor. The problem I am having is that no one seems to be able to fix the starting mechanism on it. I have had several people fix it but then the starter wires going to the battery and to the solenoid goes to getting red hot after trying to turn it over. This particular model has 2 solenoids, voltage regulator and a push button starter next to the gear shift in the transmission body. It is a 5 speed. Does any one have any ideas.

mike s. check starter amp draw. a dragging starter will cause over heating on wires and all other parts of starting mech.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: