SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 3400 rear hydraulics stopped working

Beth Berarov I have a yellow ford 3400 industrial tractor. The hydraulics and three point hitch worked fine, but one day they started to move only sparatically into the up position and now I can't get them to raise at all. Checked the hydraulic fluid level at the right side of seat... That seems fine. Fluid came out when I pulled the plug. Please help... I bought the operators manual, but can't seem to understand whats going on?!?!
kurt sargeant hello sir/madam
i am having some problem with the rear lifting arm went engaged it is not staying up with what ever cutting tool mounted on . could it be the hydraulic or the spool.

Bob You might want to remove and replace your hydraulic oil filter. If it still does not operate then check your hydraulic pump.
paul Had the same problem with a ford 7000. checked level replaced filter etc. etc. Try this. With tractor engine stopped raise hydraulic lever, start engine - if hydraulics raise slightly then stop - it will be a blocked hydraulic strainer. Its a stainless steel screen over the inlet pipe on the hydraulic pump. You will probably access through a plate on right hand side (near your right ankle) . Remove strainer and clean with a high pressure cleaner. cost - nil.
Beth Berarov Thanks for the follow-ups... I did check my levels of fluid, but they were fine. The problem was water in the hydraulic fluid. Figured this out after changing the fluid in my trans case... Seems that the seal was missing on the access to fill the rear end. The last person to change it must have lost the gasket and tried to make another by adding sealant around the plug. The seal didn't hold, and I ended up with a nasty mix within the rear end. Fluid change worked and I'm back in business!
Scott I have been reading what I can find on the 3 point hitch not lifting. Other owners are saying the hydraulic level in the rear diff case should be 18 cm below filler cap. Could anyone tell me if this is correct???

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: