SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 5000, steering & lift arm questions

j.hunter Ford 5000 diesel, Steering works perfect when turned to the Right, but have to use both hands to turn to the left, any ideas?
Also, the lift arms don't work like they used to, as far as power and speed. I'm a long time diesel mechanic, that's new to ford tractors (mostly trucks, heavy equipment etc...)
so, any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Shaun Wallace Its wear. Hyd pump is worn. Steering needs some adjustment of linkage. There is adjustment screws under radiator just have play with. Make sure pins are not frozen and grease pivot pin good. fitting is on bottom.
James Reddick I recently purchased a manual steering assembly for a Ford 5000 tractor. Instead of the output shalf of the gear assembly rotating upward when the steering wheel is turned clockwise it turn downward to the rear of the tractor. Can this situation be reversed or do I need to return the assemble?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: