SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 3000 tractor

tom i have ford 3000 tractor cranked it the other day was bushhogging for about 5 minutes and smoke came from overheat tube in front of tractor. i cut off checked tube for blockage it seemed o.k. radiator was filled to top. checked oil was 2 quarts low refilled to line. restarted and noticed it didn't have power it usually has and smoke still came from tube and hear little knocking sound. don't know if it is the crank or possibly piston or rod. any suggestions from anyone would be most helpful.
Jason Walker not sure if you have found the problem yet but I just recently bought some property and had the tractor worked into the deal. First time or two checked the oil and it ran fine, thought I was good to go for a while until the same thing happened. Got it back to the shed and pulled the pan to find the second cylinder rod bearing mushroomed. It had run out of oil, lost lubrication and started packing the passage with bearing material. Cleaned everything up, backyard style, replaced the bearing and it ran fine for another 8 to 10 hours, checked the oil again and was low. Checked the transmission and axle housing oil levels and they were far above what the book called for, trying to figure out if the engine oil is somehow being pushed into the transmission and axle housing...it doesn't smoke or leak, so I am running out of possibilities for the constant low oil situation. If you have any other info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: