SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4610SU Spindal

Bobby Butler Just purchased this tractor in June 08, 1st I bent the bucket cyl rods (My fault) got them fixed & now have left spindle that broke on it.
Ordered a new spindle & got the wrong size shaft at the thrust bearing area, went to New Holand Dealer & the counter man ordered one out of NV & it was wrong as it had 2 key way Not evon straight across from the bolt slot. After extensive researching he finally decided that this tractor was made in England & the Spindal would not be the same, I would have to take the spindal that they sent & change both bushings, Thrust bearing & possibly the hub bearings.
The tractor serial number is C765772, Model
DS314D, Unit # 6K14B.
Does these numbers mean any thing to anyone & has any one run across this problem before?
It is suppose to be a heavy duty tractor & by going to a smaller DIA spindle looks like a step back wards. By looking at the unit # he says the tractir was mde 9/14/86.
Any help would be appricated.
I am in N/TX

Shaun Wallace He is correct on build date. Units with 'C' prefix serial no. are U.S. built. DS314 is correct for 4610SU. I dont have meaning of 'D'. I can contact my NH dealer.
Cloud Hello Bobby Butler in N/TX,

Congratulations on your newly purchased Ford 4610 Special Utility tractor. There were several series versions of this model made and may be why your counter man maybe having difficulties. This is one of the reasons why you should have all of the correct manuals for your tractor.
Seek help from another parts man or call another dealer for assistance.

Based on the numbers you provided,
His Unit date for your tractor is Incorrect. It was not assembled in 9-14-86, but on 10-14-86.

It is an American made tractor.

It was sold as a 1987 model and confirmed by your serial number.

It is a Ford 4610 Special Utility Tractor - with a Diesel Engine - Vertical Exhaust - with an Independent 540 pto - with an 8Fx4R Synchronized transmission.

One of the differences of the version of the 4610 SU model was that it featured a swept-back axle, which gives it a shorter wheelbase than the 4610 all-purpose tractor.

I hope this has helped you. Stay dry with all of the rain you are getting.

Be safe, from S.W. Pennsylvania.

Cloud

Bobby Butler
Re: 4610SU Spindal

Thanks for your reply's.
The tractor is still in the field broke down, the counter man still has not called with a correct spindle. I found one last night correct except for the key way It appears that the key way is on the side . On mine the bolt slot is on the front & the key way in directly across from it in the back. the picture may not be quiet as I interpid it. I will call counter man tomorrow & several yards that I found on the internet.
I tried sending three pictures but it will let me send only one.
Thanks
Bob

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: