SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO Override Clutch

Ben Lawrence Recently bought an 88 Ford 1720 Tractor and decided to attach a finish mower. The shaft on the finish mower is too short to reach the PTO by approx 5".

I used a PTO override clutch my brother loaned me to help protect by PTO and at the same time bridge the 5" gap extension I needed. However, when the PTO is engaged, the finish mower shaft doesn't turn and the PTO override clutch just turns freely from within as if it's reached the 1000 rpm and the tractor is at idle speed.

I pulled the PTO Clutch off and pulled the mower close enough to hook the straight shaft of the finish mower to the tractor PTO to verify it will turn the mower...verified OK.

Can anyone tell me how to determine in the PTO override cluth is bad.....cause I think it must be?????

Shaun Wallace 1720,s have overrunning clutch on pto inside tractor. i,d get 1 3/8 extension to take up space.
tom jorgensen did you put it on backwards?
maxwell Graham Do you have a override clutch for a massey 35 tractor???
Tks Maxwell

tom im having trouble enguaging the pto on my 1720 ford tractor is there a way to adjust it? thank for your info

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: