[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 1720 wiring diagram

John Stehli does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Ford 1720 4WD diesel?
The problem is the starter barely cranks even though the battery has a full charge. To compound the problem, something is wrong with the connections to the ignition and or safety switch which only allows it to crank about 50 % of the time. With much wiggling of the PTO lever and gear shift I can almost always get it to go, but not this time. The actual ignition switch has been repaired and tests perfectly.
So it boils down to two problems: 1) slow crank and 2) ocassional no-crank.
Anybody have any suggestions or a wiring diagram?

Robert Campbell I have similiar problem , battery died , purchased new battrery, cleaned terminals ,including ground to frame. Unable to get power , no lights , nothing, yet jumpering to starter it does turn the starter. No fuses blown. Need schematic . Have not been able to trace out probelm.
spectre a couple things you might want to try, first use a jumper wire grounded to the frame and touch the black/red wire at the starter relay, when trying to start it should be hot, next test the black wire only this is a ground wire going to the neutral safety witch and the pto, if it tries to start then take the seat off and check the pto switch, normally the wires deteriorate faster there then the nss. NSS is located on top of the shifter on my tractor
Mike Having similar problem, we think we have traced it to relay on firewall on right side, but I am struggling to find the part. We believe this relay send power to the celenoid for the fuel as well as the starter. If I can find the part I will let you know.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: