Power Steering Problem's

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Power Steering Problem's

Mr. Gale Brown Late 80's Model Diesel Ford Tractor. Not for sure of what seres 2000 to 3000? I have a power steering problem. The manuel speak's of check valves. There are four holes in the power steering valve. Three for plunger's and springs. Then the manuel show's a check valve with a ball or in my case it had two ball's in front of the check valve. They told me at a dealer ship that I needed 8 plunger's and spring's.
I don't know which way to on rebuilding the steering.
Need advice.
gfb galeb2@kih.net
thanks
steve e : Late 80's Model Diesel Ford Tractor. Not for sure of what seres 2000 to 3000? I have a power steering problem. The manuel speak's of check valves. There are four holes in the power steering valve. Three for plunger's and springs. Then the manuel show's a check valve with a ball or in my case it had two ball's in front of the check valve. They told me at a dealer ship that I needed 8 plunger's and spring's.
: I don't know which way to on rebuilding the steering.
: Need advice.
: gfb galeb2@kih.net
: thanks

Check your power steering pump first. they are easy to rebuild and easy to get to, look in the fill hole while the tractor is running to see if you have circulation, then crack each line one at a time to assure fluid delivery to the ports, this is a positive check for valve operations,good luck steve

Sherm Walker : Late 80's Model Diesel Ford Tractor. Not for sure of what seres 2000 to 3000? I have a power steering problem. The manuel speak's of check valves. There are four holes in the power steering valve. Three for plunger's and springs. Then the manuel show's a check valve with a ball or in my case it had two ball's in front of the check valve. They told me at a dealer ship that I needed 8 plunger's and spring's.
: I don't know which way to on rebuilding the steering.
: Need advice.
: gfb galeb2@kih.net
: thanks

Yes, I have the very same design 4 holes. 3 of the holes use 6 plungers and 3 springs, and the 4th hole has 2 check valves with 2 balls. Does anyone know if the position of the check valve set in any special hole makes any difference?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: