SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 801 powermaster

Cyrus Cox i have a 801 ford powermaster tractor was running great then went to start it back up and it would run for a few them die now it will start after it sits a while but die before u can get it in gear. dont know whats causing it
Jim Looney I have an 801 ford diesel tractor and I'm looking for the schematic drawings of the injector pump. The pump leaks fuel down into the oil pan. I have the Manual but it doesn't show the schematics. Hope someone can help me. Please send email with information. Thanks.
Frank Beights I've got a 901d with the same problem and I have the shop manual. It states "Other than replacing the assembly as a complete unit, the only other servicing requirements are replacement of the pump drive shaft and seals, pump drive gear, pump to engine timing, and throttle speed adjustments." I wonder if the drive sgaft seal would allow fuel into the crank case?? Mine had about 2 or 3 quarts in the oil before I discovered it. Now I'm wondering have much damage may have occured. Still have excellent oil pressure after changing oil & filter. Contact me directly and I can scan the two or three pages that are in the shop manual.
Frank Beights I've since discovered there is an excess fuel line and connections(1 on each injector & a connection to the outside) inside the the valve cover. That's the small line that goes to the front of the tank. There's a possibility of leaks there??
Frank

jerry cooper I need a diesel engine for a 801 powermaster ford
call with any or all info. price, location,cond, etc.(281) 744-4935

tuesday Its very easy to change the pump shaft seals ther are three in all two shaped like dishes and the other just an o-ring its not hard to time them when putting back together it can only go back in two ways the bottom of the shaft is like a flat head screw driver if it dont run corret first time pick it up and spin it one time and that will take care of replacing the pump shaft seals. p.s if all three are not there stick your finger in pump and fill around and it should be inside bottem half of pump.
tuesday Oh yea, you can just take a pair of pliers and shaft will pull strait out the bottem of pump.on one of the dish shaped seals you will have ta take a little tranny fluid and wipe on seal and gently press edges of seal toward shaft while inserting shaft into injector pump.

len can drive tractor for 20 minutes or so. then it stops running, wait a minute or so and can start it again. this goes on over and over. must let it sit for a time to get it to run again for 20 min. or so. not overheating. WHY ?
Glenn "i have a 801 ford powermaster tractor was running great then went to start it back up and it would run for a few them die now it will start after it sits a while but die before u can get it in gear. dont know whats causing it"

I had the same thing happening to my 801.. turns out that I had something mostly clogging my fuel line.

(1)Start the tractor till it dies again..
(2)Then disconnect the fuel line on the left side of the tractor.. a little gas will spill out.. (3)Have a coffee can to catch spilled gas.. (4)Buy a can of compressed air..
(5)Stick the plastic tube (with the can of air attached )up the gas line..
(6)Press on the can of air..
(7)Blowing out the obstruction. re-attached
(8)Start tractor and drive away

(9)Keep the can of air and open ended wrench that fits the gas line with the tractor

This is a quick fix.. what you really need to do is drain gas tank.. take tank off tractor and clean it out good..

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: