SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 4000 hydr.lift problems

james campbell Need help, was mowing the other day and all at once the hydraulic lift on my tractor went crazy. It will raise all the way up when you work the lift lever but will not come back down and stay in place. It will slowly leak down only. Any ideas?
hay rockshaft valve needs overhaul kit.
James Thank you for the info Hay.......Is this an easy replacement? Due to $$ being tight I need to do it myself. James
james Hay, I cannot find a rockshaft valve. is there another name for the part?
hay it is under the seat. that big thing bolted on top of the rear axle. that needs to be removed and then can access the valve. a kit is available, but it's much easier to let the professionals do it. usually if that needs a overhaul kit, then the hydraulic filter needs to be cleaned and it's down there also. and check the pto brake and adjust that or replace, if needed. it's all right under the seat. a fairly big job if you are not equipped, not so bad if you have tools and some mechanical knowledge and a service manual.
SCOTT VAN DUSEN I have the same problem , do you know were to find exploded view ?
kevin i have the exact same problem the lift wont stay in one position it just very slowly lowers i might mower 200 feet befor im scalping dirt. where can i get one of these valves and whats the price tag on it

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: