Appraised value of Farmall

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Appraised value of Farmall

Nathan This is a purely hypothetical inquiry. Can anyone give me an estimate of the value of a 1953 International Farmall M in near mint condition, frshly rebuilt and painted with a lion hydraulics 3-point addition? I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Nate

Hugh MacKay Nathan: Location will play a big factor, also you say 1953, which indicates it would be Farmall Super M, not just an M. Has it live hydraulics or the old belly pump hydraulic system? Serial number would help, and the reason I say this is three days ago you were calling it a 56 Super M. Super M were only built in 52 and 53, thus if it is Farmall M then it's 51 or older. Are the casting date codes all within 3-4 months of each other?

Every casting on the tractor has a date code giving the date that casting was cast. Those are a series of day and month by number and year by letter, looks like a round head blade type screw cast between each of day, month and year. Z is 54, X is 53, Y is 52, W is 51, V was not used, T and U were both used in 50, S is 49, R is 48, etc. A is 55. From there you can go both directions.

All these factors will affect the price, and that could be anywhere from $500. to $3,500. $500. would be an M that wont run. $3,500. would be a perfect Super M, fully restored. It could be anywhere in between.

nathan the serial number is FBK 290079X 1B
Hugh MacKay Nathan: Your tractor is a 1951 Farmall M.
Nathan ah, thank you again. That really finally puts a date on it. It was inherited from my father who inherited it from his father. It's been around for a while, but in really bad condition. This winter I decided enough was enough and replaced every gasket and rebuilt the engine. Now that the gaskets are replaced it is getting a fresh coat of Genuine International red. I will be sure to post a picture as soon as it is completed. I have a current one w/o paint. It looks worse than it is, as it has not been prepped for paint yet. I also ordered an entire sticker set and new front emblem for it. I really love this tractor. I would never sell it, I was just curious of it's value.

http://eatabbo.org/images/farmall.jpg

nathan One last request. Does anyone have a picture of a genuinely painted Farmall of the same type that I can base the repaint on? I would like to make it as authentic as possible.

Thank you...

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: