300 hydraulic problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

300 hydraulic problem

texp
I have a 300 row crop with a new idea loader. You need to hire the "rasslin team" to steer it when there is a load in the bucket, so I got a used Behlen power steering unit and the bypass valve that comes with it (big, heavy cast iron thing that replaces one of the hydraulic controls on the tractor). Anyway, I got it all together, the power steering works, the loader works, the 3 pt works, but the engine feels like it is operating under a load . . . actually speeds up when I use one of the hydraulic devices or turn the steering wheel . . .also, there is a high pitched whine sound coming from near the hydraulic controls. I assume that the sound is the noise that the relief valve makes when you try to extend a cylinder past it's limit. Anyway, does anyone have ANY idea what is causing this? I sprung for the installation manual for the Behlen, so I figure I've got it installed correctly. Thanks, Tex

dave sounds like the pump is running up against the relief valve any time you are not using the system. when you use the loader, the strain eases for the engine. How about when you use the 3 point hitch lift? dave
texp Using the 3pt has the same effect as using the loader - the engine seems to run easier (faster). I agree with you that there might be some problem with the relief valve, now I need to know where the relief valve, and the bypass valve are located, and what can be done to them in the way of adjustment.
Another thought I had was there might be something blocking the oil flow through the system when the valves are not diverting the oil to the hydraulic cylinders. I haven't found any GOOD schematics showing how the oil flows through the valves and back to the resevoir.
Thanks,
Tex

Bob Definitely the diverter valve for the power steering system is sending too much pressure,to the steering,I am considering adding power steering to my 300 row crop, and have wondered how this will all work. Supposedly their is a man in my area who has done this on a 400, I will see if I can gather any more info.
Bob

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: