Farmall M Live Hydraulics

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall M Live Hydraulics

keith I am considering installing a live hydraulic pump at the distributor. I have a 3 point w/a single acting cylinder. I want aux hydraulics for log splitter, ect. I read in this forum the belly pump port closest to the rear is delayed action. Does anyone know if this is so. That is were my 3 point is plumbed and it acts like it could be. Any input to adding the live hydraulics would be helpfull to this newby. 1948 model. will the belly pump work on a double acting cyl like a splitter. How do you hook up a double acting cylinder to belly pump,and can you run both double and single from belly pump?
Thank You
Full of questions

Hugh MacKay Keith: If it's only log splitter your wanting to operate then live pump will not be a big item. You will install a double action valve on splitter anyhow, thus all you would need is a shutoff system from your 3 point plumbing. this could be as simple as two shutoff taps, or you could buy a diverter valve with one lever to change flow of oil from hitch to splitter and back. With the latter, when you wanted to move closer to wood you switch diverter valve raise the hitch and go. In all of this you will need a return hose from the discharge on double action valve on splitter back to the belly pump resovoir.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: