1086 farmall tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1086 farmall tractor

john behrens I have a 1086 tractor it runs good and most things work but the hour meter doesn't and neither does the fuel gauge.I would appreciate any advice thank you.
Dan Tenbusch What kind of tach does it have? It is a digital unit? As far as the fuel gauge, it more than likely is the sending unit in the fuel tank. They all quit working on the 66 and 86 series tractors. They can still be bought new (approx. $100) or you can fix them. If your interested in fixing it yourself, let me know. I have fixed one on my 966, both on my 986, and both on my 1586.
Ralph J. Butteris Jr. Dan,
I think I have a sending unit problem on my 1086. with both tanks full only reads 1/4 tank. I would like to know how to fix,without spending the money for new unit or units. Tank sending units are wired in series.

Dan Start woth the top tank/sending unit (it's easier to get at). Take off the plastic cover (one screw). Remove the wire and 6 bolts holding the unit into the tank. If you have an electrical meter (just a basic one) with ohms resistance, hold the positive terminal to the stud where the wire hooked up, and hold the common to the frame (metal part where the 6 bolts held it to the tank). Have someone else slowly rotate the float arm full stroke. If the resistance changes (from approx. 50 ohms to around 300 ohms), the sending unit is fine. If the resistance does not change, the sending unit is broken. If you find your sending unit broken and want to fix it yourself (you will need to be able to solder), let me know.
Ralph J. Butteris Jr. I will do the discripted procedure, if it is broken I will contact you for instructions on how repair the sending unit. Thanks!
john behrens forgive me for taking so long to reply.
the tractor has a digital tach

kevin mravetz The fuel gage on my 986 doesn't work. I all ready replaced the gage with no luck. I think I only have one tank and sending unit. Should there be power coming back to the sending unit, when the key is on? Even if the sender is not working I should be able to get the gage to move by grouding the sender some how right?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: