Problems with plow on Super A

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Problems with plow on Super A

Mike Cummings My father has a 1950's Super A he is planning on restoring. My father in law gave him a molboard plow that fits it. (or at least we think) My sons and I thought it would be fun to put it on and plow some gardens with it. Problem is, I can't get the plow in the ground. I have set the hitch to the lowest point, and it is turned around so its under the tractor. But the point does not hit it so that it will start in the ground. Does anyone have any pictures of a 1 bottom plow mounted to a Super A? It appears that I need to lower the hitch more, but I do not see anyway to do that. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Hugh MacKay Mike: What you need is a linkage from the drawbar up to the right rockshaft beside the fuel tank. You take the height adjustment bolts out of the drawbar. One of only a hand full of tractors to have hydraulically adjusted depth controll on the move as you plow.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: