Farmall H 6 volt positive ground to 12 volt neg ground

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall H 6 volt positive ground to 12 volt neg ground

jack I am trying to obtain better lighting through my factory lighting. Right now, the lighting is so dim, that it is impossible to mow at dark.

There appears to be that no one manufactures 6 volt halogen bulbs for the factory lighting, so I will try upgrade to 12 lighting.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about this? I am satisfied with 6 volt for starting and ignition, but I need better lighting.

Thanks,

Jack

Loren T. If you really want to light things up you will need to convert to a compete 12 volt alternator system, but before you do that you may want to check out the bulbs that are in your 6 volt lights. I am betting that those bulbs are not the 32 candlepower headlight bulbs that are supposed to be in there, but rather are 6 volt tailight bulbs, which do not put out much light. Most good auto parts stores will have the correct 6 volt bulbs. These bulbs have the same size base, but the bulb itself is much larger.
jay My farmall H works fine with the 6 volt lights? are u sure your system is working right? I can do anything at dark with mine!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: