300 Famrall on LP Gas

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

300 Famrall on LP Gas

B Mason 1956 model best I can tell. Does anyone have any idea what the value would be.
Has a leak in radiator. Will turn over but not able to get it to fire. I think the LP filter maybe stoped up. Has had a altenator installed, but the sheet metal was not cut. I have the Genrator which needs to be rebuilt to be re-installed. It has Wide Front end. And 3 point Hitch, desent tires. Thinking of selling, but not sure the value. Can any one help?

Hugh MacKay B Mason: I know very little about LP engines, however I will warn you from a buyers point of view, non running tractors have very little value other than as parts tractors. Those guys are only going to pay what they see as recoverable parts, less the labor to recover them.
John M While I will agree with Hugh that you should be careful,I will say that those seem to be in demand now.Last one I saw that was propane,not running,fair tires,decent sheetmetal, and with a wide front sold at auction for 3700.The winning bidder spent the rest of the auction tinkering and got it running long enouigh to load it on the trailer. Guy comes along and offers him 5 grand for it since it was running. It is now one beautiful tractor.
B Mason Thanks Hugh & John for the advice, I will take this into consideration in my decision to sell. I wish I could find someone in NE Alabama that could help me get this one running. Since My Dad died 4 years ago, I haven't been able to locate any one with the knowledge to work on the Farmall. Everyone has gone John Deer crazy in the south!! I preferr the Red Power!!
Larry M not much differant than gas just remember to start on vapor not liquid. on mine the vapor is the left valve on the tank.
Larry M Sorry open the valve slowly so you don't freeze up the carb.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: