IH 460 steering

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 460 steering

Jamie Alcock I have an IH 460 that has always had power steering problems. Does anyone know where I could find a used P/S unit?? Is there anything out there that I could adapt to get this old girl running again?
Thanks!
Jamie

Hugh MacKay Jamie: Is the 460 a Farmall or a Utility? They are quite different as it applies to steering. Most used power steering units are very likely not much better than what you have. I know there are after market replacment units for the Utility, and that replaces the whole steering box. I don't have one of these tractors, but have seen guys discussing the replacment parts. CaseIH could probably point you in the right direction. It's not going to be a cheap fix.

The Farmall will be an easier fix, I had a 560 on the farm, and the dealer fixed it for me once, very reasonable I might add.

Jamie Alcock Thanks, Hugh!
My tractor is a 460 utility....I guess this is bad news for me. Do I continue looking for a used unit or are they imposible to find?? I'm sure the aftermarket is expensive and my tractor isn't worth putting serious money into it. Does anyone know if rebuild kits are available? Is this even a possibility?
I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks again!
Jamie Alcock

eric zuroske my phone number is 269 214 6954 i rebuilt mine last week and know where some parts are available. I had trouble and would like to help

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: