farmall h

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

farmall h

Douglas Woodal Can disc brakes from a newer h tractor be fitted to a regular h and is it worth doing I have already replaced the brakeband but was wondering if the disc hold up better because my tractor sees at least 3 full days of work per week thanks cant wait to hear from you fellers
Loren T. In short, no, the dics brakes from the later Hs cannot be used on the older models. There was a company by the name of Lambert that made aftermarket disc brakes for the earlier Hs, but these also are not interchangeable with the later Hs. To answer your other question, would it be worth it? In my opinion, no. Those band brakes will serve you just fine with much less trouble and bother than the disc brakes.
Douglas Woodall Thanks Loren been looking for info on the brakes for a while glad to know i wont need to spend more money on this particular project to get it ready again like i said earlier i have already replaced the brake bands and also replaced bull pinion shaft seals ands all the bearings and seals in the diff trans and axles really trying to do a nice restoration this tractor is a complete 1939 model ser#4015 and want it to be here on my little farm as long as im around and hope to give all three of my kids a farmall to use over the next few years thanks again

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: