Farmall C generator, gas tank

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall C generator, gas tank

Pete Huber I am restoring a 1950 Farmall C (running great since day one!), and I would like help on two things:
1.) The generator may need rebuilding. Can this be done? Or ,do I find a rebuilt one? If so, where?

2.) Gas tank is very rusty. One place can acid wash and line with epoxy. Does this work? What are other approaches?

Thanks for any help! Pete

John M 1) Any good reputable starter/alternator repair shop can fix the generator.
2) Yes,it works just fine as long as the tank itself is in overall good shape and the metal is still thick.I had one get ruined because the metal was too thin and the acid ate right through it.

Hugh MacKay Pete: Another approach you can use with the gas tank, is anchor it solidly to a slow turning wheel or cement mixer. If you have a running tractor just jack one rear wheel and use that. If you feel more comfortable, just anchor it to rear wheel and go for a slow drive. Put about 2 quarts of pea stones in tank along with some vinigar. Rotate it for about 20 min. Then flush it and use. Remember it took 40 years for that first build up of rust. I know of a few of them have 20 years in since the stone treatment, without anymore problems.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: