IH 806 can't get reverse

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 806 can't get reverse

David Drew My IH 806 just grinds when you try to reverse. I tried to adjust linkage to pull futher around,but didn't help? I want to remove the top plate but have no idea what to expect when I do this. Can anyone tell me what steps and precautions to take when doing this?
Thanks

Will Dave, I thought I sent you an email telling you to look in the range trans. inspection hole, after removing the plate. Check to see if the Reverse Shift Fork and shaft have any play when you move the shift lever. If the shift fork is loose on the shaft, then the keyway slot on the shaft is broken and the shaft will have to be replaced. If the fork is loose it is not shifting the gears into mesh, creating a grinding noise. If this helps let me know and I will tell you how to remove the top cover, which you will have to do to replace the shaft. Good luck
Will Dave, I have to apologize to you. I got my models mixed up. The 706 & 806 were built the same years. They both had gas and diesel engines. The 706 was 75 hp, 806 94 hp? So the 806 was the larger tractor. Hope the info. for the 706 will help. My grandson just bought a 706 or 806 diesel and has all the manuls. Hope this helps
brian l did you get it fixed I am having the same problem how tough was it?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: