case-international 484

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case-international 484

DAN KELTON
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS TRACTOR AND IT HAS A BRAKE PROBLEM. THE BRAKES GO ALL THE WAY DOWN. ARE THERE TWO SMALL MASTER CYLINDERS UNDER THE INSTRUMENT PANEL? IS THERE A FLUID RESIVOUR AND IF SO, WHERE AND WHAT KIND OF FLUID DOES IT USE? ALSO THE INSIDE SHIFT LEVER IS STUCK. I HAVE CHECKED THE LINKAGE MECHANISM AND FIND THAT IT IS STUCK INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION. IF I REMOVE THE TOP PLATE FROM THE TRANSMISSION, WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT IS STUCK? IF I PUT ON NEW FUEL FILTERS WILL IT BE DIFFICULT TO START AFTER INSTALLING THE FILTERS. HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

MGS Brakes: They are hydraulic brakes. They get their fluid from the tractor hydraulic system so you don't have a reservoir. There are bleed screws on the brake actuators on the rear axles. Follow the line back from the dash and you will find what I am talking about.

I don't remember how that shifter works, but taking the top cover off is a good start if you are SURE that it is not a linkage problem.

Fuel filters need to be bled after changing (this is true for all diesel engines) Gravity should work, but I think there is a hand pump too.

Good luck.

brad albright i have a international 484 1982 model. the brakes pedal goes all the way down to the floor and cannot get the brakes to bleed out. what could be the possible cause.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: