FARMALL H GOVERNOR ADJUSTMENT

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

FARMALL H GOVERNOR ADJUSTMENT

JIMMIE Engine RPM does not increase consistantly with the advancement of the throttle. You have to move the throttle about a fourth of the way before there is an response to engine speed. The linkage to carburetor is okay as I am familiar with what that is all about. Is this a spring problem or what adjustment needs to be made inside the governor?
Nate
I have 1949 Farmall H would i be adding performance by installing a carburator off a Farmall M or would that be to much fuel. also do i need an intake off an M also , or would i be further ahead to open the govenor up. has anyone ever tried this.

Nate
I have 1949 Farmall H would i be adding performance by installing a carburator off a Farmall M or would that be to much fuel. also do i need an intake off an M also , or would i be further ahead to open the govenor up. has anyone ever tried this.

Larry Did Anyone reply to the post about the governer? I have the same problem. I've been told that it's due to worn thrust bushings in the governer, but I can't find a re-build kit. Also, I think I have the two stop adjustments wrong and there is too much slack in the bottom spring. I'm going to change the adjustment first and see if that helps. If it does, is anyone out there interested?
Mike Pulke Can you email me the results
Daniel Stough Anyone that might help solve my problem about the govenor that might have some inside to these problems please e-mail me.Larry I am interested in what you find.
thank you Daniel Stough
danny@dougselect.com

Isaac Gill If you get a tighter pulling Governor spring how well will it help your performance?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: